I hate passwords. Seems like several smart people are on the case of getting rid of the “password”
- Lucas Gonze, argues the loss of meaning around design of user authentication mechanisms.
- A world without passwords! How will we identify each other? Exchange tokens. Make “forgot password” the default.
- Passwords are the new pay-wall.
- A non-violent protest against the cruel overlord — the “password”. Justin Balthrop, calls for a boycott .
- Several alternatives to identify users — promoting password-less login in your apps.
- Eran Hammer — OAuth founder — gave up on OAuth 2.0. (An old link). Tim Bray didn’t take kindly to that post. Ahh IETF! You can grind the smartest minds to pulp. :)