If you are in a hurry, and need something tasty yet easy to make, this one is for you. The prep time is about 5 minutes, and the cooking time around 10-15 minutes. If you have a small rice cooker – the kind that plugs into a wall sockets – you should be able to get the rice done in about the same time.
It is also the perfect curry to cook for smaller portions. If you are like me, and have to cook for 1 person, aka me, all the time, it is a no-frills and no-freezer required recipe.
1. Fry all the onions until soft (5-6 mins) in high heat
2. add mined garlic, 1 tsp jeera, 1 tsp dania powder, and salt to taste, some tumeric powder (1 tsp for each handful of prawns), and chilli powder to taste (I use very little)
3. add some salt (increases the temp and allows everything to sear nicely)
4. cook for 4 mins or until the prawns are half-cooked
5. add diced tomatoes, and salt to taste (remember to taste the sauce before adding the salt)
6. sear for 1 min and then add 1⁄2 cup of water (not too much or you will over cook the prawns), and reduce heat, and simmer until the above consistency is reached.
cook some rice, and you have a decent meal!