Been using Windows Live Writer as my blog writing tool. Here are some plugins that I would definetly make my life much easier. If you are insterested in writing a plugin or would like to add to these requirements, do get in touch.
- Extended Link insertion
- Link to different Search Engines (Google, Google Blog Search, Code search, Sun API search, Technocrati search etc.)
- Link to various product sites (Amazon, RitzCamera etc)
- Link to previously exisitng Posts
- Recent Links
- Links from clipboard
- Auto-link insertion based on certain keywords
- Multiple link inclusion - when this mode is enabled every word that is clicked on / selected should be added to a bucket, which can then be used to create links on.
- Separate interface for storing notes/ideas for blog entries
- Allow search across notes
- Auto-complete using phrases from existing notes (optional)
- Plugin for Firefox and IE to enable addition of notes by selecting text on browsers
- Monetize #
- Support for various ad tools like adsense, amazon associate etc.
- Wordpress Style Support#
- Review Publishing#*
- Wordpress plugin that allows to create a set of reviews for various products
- Allow access of reviews separate from posts. (can use a set of categories for this - similar to asides plugin)
- Allow posting to this through categories, or allow through a plugin in windows live writer as “write review’
- Drafts sync#
- Allow multiple instances of windows live writer to share drafts.
- upload selected drafts to wordpress
- check-box for using wordpress drafts instead of local drafts
- button for pulling drafts from wordpress and adding them to local drafts
# - might require extending existing XML-RPC (should be possible with wordpress)
* - might require wordpress plugin
[tags]windows live writer, wordpress, plugins, ideas[/tags]