Having broken my elbow, I have spent the last two weeks typing away with a single hand. With nothing much to do, I went about looking at ways to improve the capabilities of blog editors. I use BlogDesk for my blogging needs. It is a wonderful editor, that let you do all operations provided by MetaWeblog API. However I wanted to do more than what was provided there. I wanted to add some features for plugins that I used.
The following is a propopsed list of extensions:
- Create/edit posts
- define post passwords (Thanks to Johannes Oppermann, developer of the wonderful blog client, BlogDesk)
- image insert from different services (flickr)
- tagging support
- Similar to QuickTags plugin
- Support for Ultimate Tag Warrior’s features
- Adsense integration
- display a dasboard
- Spam Karma comment moderation
- Adsense data
In my search I found some interesting links.
Tutorial on hacking XMLRPC
Links for writing XML-RPC clients
JBlogEditor svn trunk
Well, the end result, here’s the pre-Alpha version of WPexAPI.